Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Loctite for wood screws?

I like the idea of using bamboo skewers.

I'll give it a try.

Do you think the skewers should be dip in two parts epoxy or urethane glue
before using?

wrote in message
I've had better luck using bamboo skewers instead of dowels.

On 20 Dec 2006 10:50:15 -0800, "RayV" wrote:

wrote:
SNIP
The right way is to remove the screws and doors and insert a wooden
dowel
impregnated with epoxy glue.

Screwing into end grain? BTDT didn't like it.

Besides, the screws are not stripped they just loosen up a little. I
suppose they will eventually strip out if I don't fix them properly but
by then SWMBO will want a new kitchen,... or house.