Posted to uk.d-i-y
JellyBelly JellyBelly is offline

Default Sticking plastic

"nospam" wrote in message

I've got a paper shredder (not one of the cheap ones) where the plastic
casing around the blades has been broken by the pressure of the paper etc.
I have tried to glue(with super glue) it back together but the joint keeps
breaking even after letting the glue dry for 24 hours.

Any recommended glues / reinforcing I could try. I did try to stick on
plastic reinforcing, but the glue did not hold

Thanks

If the pressure of paper is sufficient to break it when it's a solid piece,
glueing it will never work because the break-line will always be a weak
spot - much weaker than the solid piece it used to be. Get yourself down to
your local Woolworths and buy one of these:

http://www.woolworths.co.uk/ww_p2/pr...l?pid=50282463

Takes up to 5 sheets at a time and will even shred credit cards. Been using
ours for the past year without any problems, and at £14.99 it's just not
worth the hassle (and frustration when the glued repair fails) of trying to
glue it.

JellyBelly