Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill in Detroit Bill in Detroit is offline

Default Okay ... I've BEEN to wikipedia AND Googled for about 20 minutes

William Noble wrote:
a really good shop vac might draw 5 inches of mercury. The table in my
article will show you the holding force, but it's basically 1/6 atmosphere,
right? or about 2.5 PSI of force - if you figure you need 100 pounds of
force to hold your object (that's just a number pulled out of nowhere, but
it is probably plausible), then your shop vac would be OK with anything
whose diameter (remember area = pi times radius squared) is greater than 7
inches or so

try this table (view it in a fixed pitch font) - hopefully I made no errors
in the spreadsheet

Bill, not my day.

Are the numbers 1-30 along the left hand side just row numbers? If so, I
think I could reconstruct the spreadsheet. If not, could you supply the
missing labels? Read R - L as I have the least clutter in the far right
column.

TIA

Bill

rascal less in the world.
Thomas Carlyle (1795 - 1881)

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0661-0, 12/20/2006
Tested on: 12/21/2006 1:04:55 AM