Posted to rec.woodworking
Peter Huebner Peter Huebner is offline

Default Air Tools for woodworking

In article om,
says...
I have a 6.5 HP compressor and looking at purchasing some air tools,
i.e. ROS. I understand the lack of moving parts for the air ROS has a
longer shelf life. Are there other advantages/ disadvantages of air vs.
power tools? Do any of you use air ROS for woodworking? Any recommended
air tool manufacturers for woodworkers? Primarily wood but may use it
on occasion for auto.

The most useful air tool for woodworking is the dustgun, in my opinion.
Not to be underestimated in its usefulness. Cleaning the other tools, the
sawtables, gears in the planer, bandsaw guides, workpiece, bisquit slots ...
First thing I do when I start the day in the woodworkshop is to pump up the air
tank and sweep the floor (again) while that is going on.

Other than that? The compressor runs the spraygun. And that's about it. As
Robatoy said, I'd also rather drag a cord around than a hose (and use 2
cordless drills/drivers).

-P.