Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Air Tools for woodworking

In article om,
keyridge wrote:
I have a 6.5 HP compressor and looking at purchasing some air tools,
i.e. ROS. I understand the lack of moving parts for the air ROS has a
longer shelf life. Are there other advantages/ disadvantages of air vs.
power tools? Do any of you use air ROS for woodworking? Any recommended
air tool manufacturers for woodworkers? Primarily wood but may use it
on occasion for auto.

If by 6.5 HP you mean a compressor that has a true 6.5 HP induction
motor, supplied by (roughly) 240V on a 30 Amp (#8 or larger wire) circuit
breaker, or a 3 phase motor, then go for it. OTOH, if this is
one of those 6.5HP compressors that plugs into a regular 120V outlet,
you'd better stick to an electric ROS.

--
Contentment makes poor men rich. Discontent makes rich men poor.
--Benjamin Franklin