Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave Sacramento Dave is offline

Default Pipe repair in cramped space

"Stubby" wrote in message
I have a 3/4" Cu pipe carrying return water in my baseboard heating system.
It is install in a channel in the slab floor. I have exposed about 4" of
length and am pondering sawing the pipe. But there is no room to sand it
all the way around. There is only about 1/2" of space.

Can anyone tell me how to get the pipe prepared for soldering? TIA

Hear a possibility would not hurt to try might save you a lot of work
Go buy a piece of 3/4" copper tube the outside diameter is 3/4" should fit
inside the 3/4 pipe. Basically your making an inside coupling. I don't think
that will effect your return flow.