Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] reply@to.group is offline

Default Okay ... I've BEEN to wikipedia AND Googled for about 20 minutes

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 01:00:17 -0500, Bill in Detroit
wrote:

How can I correlate mbars, as in :

Ultimate vacuum mbar 1.10-4

with inches of mercury so as to make a comparison between various makes
of vacuum pumps. I'm not in the market today but I'm reasonably
confident that I eventually will be ... so I'm trying to understand the
lingo.

Just asking wikipedia about millibars (mbars) brought me to a nice chart
comparing them to hectoPascals. On this side of the pond, that's still
apples & oranges.

Bill

I just tried google with the following search parameters..

convert millibars to hg

The second URL in the results was

http://www.csgnetwork.com/pressinmbcvt.html

amd it had the following notes

To convert inches of mercury to millibars, multiply the inches value
by 33.8637526
To convert millibars to inches of mercury, multiply the millibar value
by 0.0295301.