Grunff

Default What constitutes reasonable wear (cordless drill)

Andy Hall wrote:

Presumably this is Screwfix 71776?

That's the one - except mine was before they had a side handle.

On the web site, and the catalogue, they use the description "high
performing". I think that that would be good enough for me to
invoke the warranty. If this were a £50 job, maybe not, but at £140
I would expect more.

I don't know if you have the latest Axminster catalogue, but they have
included a page (pp1.02) of classification ratings. For some time
they've put classifications on their power tools and machinery of
hobby, light trade, trade and industrial.

I do have it, and I'd spotted the definitions, which are very
helpful. But thanks for repeating them in case I didn't have the
catalogue.

For example, Axminster do an 18v cordless combi drill in their "White"
brand rated for light trade at £90 inc.

Which may well be my replacement for the Erbauer.

The trade rated ones are all branded and are £250+

And as much as I'd love to have a 'proper' one, I just can't get
over the mental hurdle of paying quite that much for a
weekend-only tool, not just at the moment anyway.

Thanks for your thoughts.

--
Grunff