Posted to rec.woodworking
Patriarch Patriarch is offline

Default Any Comments on Rigid Palm Sander

wrote in
:

I have been using a Makita and Dewalt ¼"sheet palm sanders.
They both work well but the dust collection system is not all that
good. The switches are working but at time I need two hands to turn
the power on or off.
The Rigid ¼"sheet palm sander appears to have an improved dust bag
that can be hook to a standard vacuum hose and the switch can be
turned on and off with one hand.
I wonder if someone already have a Rigid and can comment on it.
TIA

When my nephew needed a sander to renovate his house (read strip all of the
siding, ceilings and wall board, treat for termites, replace major portions
of framing, wallboard, windows and doors...) we picked out the Ridgid
sander for his use. It was orange, had a longish warranty, was on the
shelf, and Robatoy had said good things about it. Tony abused it for a
year, working on his place, and it still works pretty well today. The
house looks a lot better, too.

For that level of investment, it seems a pretty good deal. Were I to
replace one of my sanders today, I'd buy orange.

Patriarch