Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Keith Willcocks Keith Willcocks is offline

Default using polyfilla around a rawlplug

wrote in message
oups.com...

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

The last of these is regional: in some parts of the USA they are all
"coke," in others all "soda," and in yet others all "pop."

Unless you're in Boston (bah-stun), in which case the generic word is
tonic (tah-nik). Don't ask me why. At least that's how it was 30 years
ago when I lived there.

And when I was in Boston this summer, every time I asked for Scotch and
Tonic they gave me Scotch and Soda (which I dislike intensely).
--
Keith Willcocks