Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Keith Willcocks Keith Willcocks is offline

Default using polyfilla around a rawlplug

"Bruce" wrote in message
Goedjn wrote:
On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 09:53:33 +0000, Bruce
wrote:

Keith Willcocks wrote:
A few years ago we took a train trip across Canada and fell in with a
group of Americans. By the end of the trip I had them calling the
railroad: the railway, switches: points and ties: sleepers. Oh and
the engineer was the engine driver.
And Americans drive on the parkway whereas we park on the driveway.

Except on the Garden State Parkway, where you're actually parked, just
wishing you were driving.

Sounds very much like the M25 around London - often referred to as largest
car park in the UK

I live very close to the busiest bit of the M25 (Surrey/Heathrow section)
and we refer to it as a rotary car park.

Having said that, my wife and I drove from New Hampshire to JFK Airport in
New York in the summer and the last 10 miles made the M25 look like Brands
Hatch or Silverstone. It took 3 hours and we were told that that is
perfectly normal on a Sunday.
--
Keith Willcocks