Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Loctite for wood screws?

In article . com, "RayV" wrote:
The hinges on my kitchen cabinets screw into the inside edge of the
maple frame. Each hinge is only screwed to the frame with one screw.
The hinges are similar to these:
http://www.amazon.com/Concealed-Fram.../dp/B000KPZC80

Every once in a while I need to tighten up the screws as they work
loose. So I was thinking of putting something on the screws to keep
them from loosening up. Anybody ever try something that works? I was
thinking a little silicone in the screw hole would hold them and still
be removeable.

Silicone is a reasonably good lubricant, so I wouldn't expect it to hold the
screws tighter. I believe I'd first try screws that are longer, thicker, or
both.

--
Regards,