Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wiki Contents

Grunff wrote:
wrote:

If people look at ikimatrix and compare media with doku, side by side,
medi has almost all the plus points. If wikimatrix is anything to go
by, the doku mostly has plugins for functions mediawiki has built in
already.

I'm not sure that the wikimatrix is all that useful. For instance, take
categories. According to the matrix, MW has them already built in, while
DW has them as an option/plugin. While this is true, the end result is
that the categorisation in DW is far superior to that in MW.

Slightly concerned at the lack of opinion on the matter - we seem to be
the only two discussing it!

I guess others arent worried, which is ok.

I'll vote for the flexibility and easier use of the mediawiki, but
either works!

NT