Posted to alt.home.repair
dachief123 dachief123 is offline

Default FORMICA

actually the oil transfers through the granite leaving a dark stain
clear silicone is used for granite,corian or other solid surfaces (with a
little help from hot glue to hold it in place until the silicone cures) on
backsplash.

"Andy Hill" wrote in message
"rockachawboy" wrote:
I am going to use Formica as the backsplash against the wall on a new
counter top installation and wonder if anyone has had any luck using
liquid
nails instead of contact cement. I know it's recommended cementing it to
backer board first, but I would like to avoid that if possible.

Construction adhesive's great for gluing thicker objects (such as a
granite
splash), but you're going to have all kinds of bulges telegraphing through
something thin like Formica.