Posted to uk.d-i-y
robgraham robgraham is offline

Default push-to-start timer with two way switch

wrote:
We have an outside passage light which is controlled by an outside
switch and an indoor switch - it can be switched on or off by either
switch - I think this is called a 2-way switch?

I'm fed up with the number of times the outside light is left on all
night.

Is it possible to get a switch which you can push to switch the light
on, and which will automatically switch off say 5 minutes later. I'm
sure I saw something like this many years ago - it was a circular
button which you pushed in and it slowly moved outwards and switched
the light off again after a couple of minutes.

This sort of thing would be ideal, but I'm not sure if they are still
available. And more importantly I'm not sure how this would work with 2
switches controling the same light.

Any ideas?

Had you thought of changing the system to using a PIR set such that it
senses you coming in and out and switches off with it's internal
timer.- eg Screwfix 11291

Rob