Posted to alt.home.repair
Actor123 Actor123 is offline

Default Installing a marine radio in a house?

Hi all:

I am looking for advice on installing a marine radio in a house. Why,
you ask? Well, i want to be able to have a keypad that controls the
radio (XM) from inside my shower. Marine radios from Jensen for
example have such waterproof keypads that are perfect for such an
install. I know there are home-based control pads for home stereos,
but none I can find are waterproof (and no I don't want to turn it on
before I enter the shower and just leave it there - I'm a channel
flipper

I know a lot about household electronic equipment, having installed
many different electronic and electrical products in my house, but I
know next to nothing about car or marine radio installs. My one
experience with it was looking at the back of a car radio I had
purchased and being amazed by just how many different wires there were
for such a simple product. Of course, this was many years ago, so
maybe things have been simplified.

Anyone know anything about this and give me some advice on what
additional components I will need to make this work? I'm guessing a
transformer of some sort for the power, and I'm guessing that the
speakers and wired remote I can deduce from the manual, but am I
missing something else?

Thanks in advance for any help.