Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Grauwulf Grauwulf is offline

Default RCA projector tube leak

Thanks for the response Charles. The boot is pushed out and judging by
the amount of coolant that came out of the anode area when I removed
the tube/lens assembly from the light box, it has probably been leaking
slightly for a little while.

I will let you know how I make out.

James

wrote:
You may not have too bad a problem. Was the expansion Boot pushed out?
(Boot & ring With 4 1/4 head screws ) If it was some of these sets
left factttory OVERFILLED with coolant. Lay tube & lense on bench with
this exp boot up, remove the 4 screws If coolant runs out it is
overfull Lower level to about 1/2 to 3/4 inch below point where screws
go in. Clean every thing with alachol Watch for leaks. If the Boot has
a hole in it email me & I send part# for replacement boot Charles