Posted to alt.electronics
SBFan2000 SBFan2000 is offline

Default Power Requirements

My God, what is the problem? Did you not read that I have already found and
are "looking at a few sources." I'm not so stupid as to not try google.
The supplier I'm looking at now has everything you could imagine. Their
catalog is nearly 1000 pages. I was just wondering if anyone out there had
any sources that they use that might be better.

Every post that I make results in some smartass worthless post. I already
admitted that I'm new at this what else do you want? If I knew all this
stuff then I wouldn't be asking for help. I'm trying to learn and if you
are unwilling to teach then I would suggest you not reply to my posts. I
belong and lurk at many other boards and they don't (for the most part) have
these worthless responses. Those newsgroups help each other and are
understanding and helpful to the newbies. This group just keeps knocking
the newbie down. I get it, I'm new and you are all electronic gods. "How
dare the little old newbie ask a question, hes not worthy to talk to the
likes of me."

I don't need this. I'll just stay with asking the electical engineer at
work. I was trying not to bother him but when I started get worthless
than willing to help, even with his super busy schedule. He even gave me an
old breadboard that he had. Today I asked about sources for "PCB components
for making my first board" and he gave me a two huge catalogs. He didn't
give me **** about not asking a specific question. Its so nice to find
someone willing to help I wish I could have found it here.

Ross, I do appreciate the links you provided. They helped and I did
understand serial vs. parallel but at least the link verified that. You
were the closest to being helpful.

As for the rest of the group, its just not worth it. You people are so
negative and unhelpful that its really sad. I'm unsubscribing from this
"I'm better than you" group. If anyone wants to be friendly and actually
helpful you may contact me directly. I'm the most friendly guy you'll ever
meet when I not being ridiculed!

"Ross Herbert" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 03:00:00 GMT, "SBFan2000"
wrote:

Anyone got a good supplier for PCB components! I'm looking at a couple

but
was wondering what others are using?

I am sorry to have to say this but when you ask such an open ended,
non-specific question such as this I wonder how you managed to get
this far on the NG without somebody jumping on you. I mean - "PCB
components" have been around even before the PCB was first devised.

Thats interesting, the "PCB component" was around BEFORE the PCB! That must
have been hard for people having all these "PCB components" and not having
anywhere to put them or for that matter even knowing what a PCB was. I
would suggest that they may not have been called "PCB components" if the PCB
didn't yet exist.

Virtually any passive component (resistor, capacitor, inductor,
transformer etc) can be PCB mounted.

Thereby making them a "PCB component" and a subject of my request. Perhaps
you could have suggested a place to purchase them.

Before PCB's, components were
mounted on stripboard or bare phenolic or fibreglass board with
soldered wire links. The very same components can also be mounted on
PCB's.

If you want help then you have to be more specific because there are a
million places which anyone who has even the vaguest interest in
electronics will know of. Why don't you just try Googling for
electronic components of the type you need?

I have! Imagine that! I've found most of what I need but would rather
place one or two orders from large suppliers instead of 10-15 little guys!
Hence the question.

YOu need to think more logically before putting fingers to the
keyboard.

And you need to stick to the question asked or ask a polite counter
question.

EVERYONE HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS!