Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden raden is offline

Default Toaster Frustration

In message , TheScullster
writes
Hi all

Have tried googling on this, but it appears that an appliance exists called
a "toaster oven" which hijacks the search engines!

What causes a toaster to stop latching down?
For toaster, read the UK device which toasts bread for most people in the
morning these days.
Ours is a Russel Hobbs chrome affair, suitable for 2 standard slices of
bread side-by-side.
Intermittently (and with increasing frequency) either the latch won't make,
or it makes and then releases as soon as you have turned to get the butter.
I know these things don't cost the earth, but this appliance still looks
smart and I would hate to contribute to landfill.

Well I typed "How a toaster works" into google

.... and came up with loads of relevant articles, this was the first

http://www.howstuffworks.com/toaster.htm

--
geoff