Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ron Lowe Ron Lowe is offline

Default DIY home cinema screen

"SirBenjamin" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 18:19:17 -0000, "Ron Lowe"
wrote:

Hi, all.

I've borrowed a projector for the xmas period, and am setting up a
temporary
home cinema for the kids ( and me! ).

can I suggest you see how many hours is left on the lamp before going
to all this trouble?

Borrowing one of these is a biting nails experience ie your friend
might want the bulb replacing should it go down whilst in your
possion...price a staggering 200GBP or more. ;-)

A valid point!

However, that's not a problem in this case.
It's borrowed from someplace where I have the necessary authorithy to
replace lamps on these things as required...

However, it would be very unlucky. The lamp on this one is only 100 hours
old. I know this, because I replaced it last time. At worst, I'd have to
drive for an hour and a half round-trip to get a replacement from stock.
Also, I'm only proposing to add a few tens of hours max to it.

Also, not that much bother - It's already installed!
Projector working, 5.1 surround sound installed and working.

Just the screen to do now.

--
Ron