Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom G Tom G is offline

Default Slow siding installer

"RobertM" wrote in message
avid_hiker wrote:
Is this called "taking advantage of someone's good nature"?

I agree though......only common sense..to get rid of the
problem........and start from scratch.

Sounds like he hasnt a clue of how to do siding....so it will probably
all fall off anyhow sooner or later..........get someone who knows what
their doin'.

This is for a room I just added on. The other part of the house was done
by a company that brought in three men and completed the entire job in one
day, but it was the sloppiest job I've ever seen so I brought in a
different person to do the entire house over. This man's work won't fall
off, it's good and looks good but I just can't get him to do the job. A
friend told me that after 200 years of inbreeding in the rural south, the
motivation gene is missing. I'll see if I can find someone else. I paid
the contractor for the siding separate from the labor so I can't return it
to where he bought it.

Bob

You paid the contractor? Are you sure he paid the supplier for the siding?
You may have a bigger problem than you think And if you fire the
contractor, you'd best have the siding locked up where he can't lay his
hands on it or you may not have the siding for the next contractor to work
with. Furthermore, I would insist on a release of mechanics lein on the
siding. You might check the siding supplier to see if it's been paid for.

Tom G