Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default O/T, Largest Cash Crop

In article .com, "jtpr" wrote:

Joe Bemier wrote:
On 19 Dec 2006 05:02:33 -0800, "RayV" wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:
SNIP
And why, in heaven's name, are we turning violent felons loose from our
prisons because too much space is being taken up by dopers? I'd rather

have
ten pot smokers running around loose than one rapist or murderer.

It doesn't make sense.

Doug, this is so unlike you. Where/when was a violent felon turned
loose because someone convicted of a misdemeanor was taking their spot
in jail?

I think you're confusing arrests of Users as compared with those who
are dealers. States vary but generally having more than an ounce or so
lands one in the latter. And, that is a felony.

Actually, possession of ANY amount in NH is a misdemeanor. I don't
know how or why but you must have other circumstances to push it to
felony.

It varies widely from state to state.

--
Regards,