Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default What can be used for resealing partially used contents: glue,p...

Sat, Dec 16, 2006, 10:14pm (EST-1) (Art*Ransom)
doth claieth:
I use plastic soft drink bottles. Just squeeze them to get the air out
and seal. When using , open let bottle expand to original shape, seal
and shake. I have 5 year old latex paint that is still usable.
KISS * keep it simple stupid!

Yep, tried that. Found out the cap'll seal so tight it won't come
off with pliers even. Had to cut the bottles open to use the paint.

So, now I get packs of snap-on-lid plastic containers from the
grocery store. If the top seals on, no prob, run a popsicle stick under
the lip of the edge, and comes loose no prob.

I don't use huge quantities at a time, so I buy the smallest cans
of paint. Some colors I use very little of, so they tend to get thick,
even tho sealed. Add water, stir, good again. I get just the basic
colors - black, white, red, blue, yellow, green. I get the green becuse
I've never been able to mix a dark green. Then I custom mix any other
colors I need from those. I've found out I could have done without the
black. K.I.S.S.

JOAT
Where does Batman buy gas for the Batmobile?