Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ron Lowe Ron Lowe is offline

Default DIY home cinema screen

"Vortex" wrote in message
.. .

"Ron Lowe" wrote in message
Hi, all.

I've borrowed a projector for the xmas period, and am setting up a
temporary home cinema for the kids ( and me! ). The wall is not great
as a screen, so I was going to make a simple one. I was going to get a
thin sheet of cheap MDF or hardboard, and paint it.

The various AV forums suggest painting the screen material with Dulux
"IceStorm 5 or 6", which can be mixed at any shed.

[cut]

By the time you've done this you'll be in for 20 or 30 quid.

Is it really worth the hassle when you can get the "real McCoy" for 50 or
60 quid?

http://www.projectorscreen.co.uk/

David

I'm reckoning around £15, and compared to £50/60, yes I'd say it's worth it
esp. if what I get is what I want.

I was hoping that a sheet of MDF would give a flatter surface than
roller-fabric solution, which IME tends to curl at the edges.

DIYing projection screens is an ancient and noble art, not a waste of time!

--
Ron