Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Bemier Joe Bemier is offline

Default O/T, Largest Cash Crop

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 13:24:53 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article . com, "RayV" wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:
SNIP
And why, in heaven's name, are we turning violent felons loose from our
prisons because too much space is being taken up by dopers? I'd rather have
ten pot smokers running around loose than one rapist or murderer.

It doesn't make sense.

Doug, this is so unlike you. Where/when was a violent felon turned
loose because someone convicted of a misdemeanor was taking their spot
in jail?

Right here in Indianapolis. It's happened several times in the last couple of
years. Our jail is under a Federal court order to reduce the overcrowding,
most of which is due to drug offenders, and this has led to the early release
of several violent felons. There have been at least one rape, and at least one
murder, committed by men who have been released early under these
circumstances within the last year or two.

And that makes me very concerned.
Another part of this issue-
Psychologists psychiatrists, etc are involved in rehab programs. These
same *doctors* are the ones who make a determination as to whether an
individual is rehabilitated.
Their function requires that they declare success in some cases. If
you install an individual to rehabilitate then they would never come
back and say *we failed*.
This system puts dangerous people back on the streets.