Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default Flourescent lights humming?

In article , Chad wrote:

(To condense greatly to edit for space, he got 23 watt ones while my
response before I knew this was to go for lower wattages such as 23
watts or less)

I aslo advise that results will gnenerally be better if:

1. The CFLs are of one of the "Big 3" major brands. They have a lot to
lose from bad products having negative impact on their reputations. These
are GE, Philips and Sylvania (in the USA).

2. The CFLs have an "Energy Star" rating/qualification. This means that
the CFLs in question have achieved good energy efficiency and good usage
when used as directed. The color is either in some specifiable way
reasonably incandescent-like or "adequately" described as being a
"specialty color" (my words) such as "3500K" (a whiter shade of "warm
white") or sunlight-like or daylighht-like. Electrical and functional
reliability have to be reasonably at least half-decent (my words).

- Don Klipstein )