Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] roger61611@yahoo.com is offline

Default 220 over 12 gauge

Thanks all, I learned something today. The rest of the install was so
messed up that even if I had a need for 220 out there, I would have
wanted to redo it. My inspector missed the extra several feet of
wiring just tucked into the eaves. And the use of a light switch above
the garage door (7' off the floor) to somehow control the outside
lights, though I'm not sure how.

Also, if you're taking notes, running romex on top of a board in your
garage eaves and holding it in place by laying a piece of drywall on
it, is not the best way to secure it.

When amateur electricians get inventive we do some crazy things.