Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Stanley Plane

In article ,
charlie b wrote:
Locutus wrote:

My father found a in his garage and gave it to me, he wasn't sure
where it came from but he knows its been laying around for at least 20
years.

The plane looks like this one:

http://i23.ebayimg.com/01/i/06/50/e4/42_2.JPG (also posted abpw)

Since I have no experience with hand planes, what is this plane for, and is
it worth keeping/using?

TIA.

Home handyman's mainly inexpensive, sorta works, block plane.
OK for knocking off edges and scraping paint.

charlie b

It's a bottom of the line block plane, maybe a 110. Not totally
useless, but it's the kind of plane that you wouldn't worry about it
rolling around in the bottom of a toolbox or lending out to your
brother in law.
--
For every complicated, difficult problem, there is a simple, easy
solution that does not work.

Larry Wasserman - Baltimore Maryland -