Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Vinergar Has Etched My Marble - HELP!!

rogerdodger wrote:
Hi Guys: I have a marble countertop which, unfortunately, was never
sealed. I was using a bottle of vinegar and spilt a little onto the
marble. About 30 minutes later it appeared as though the vinegar had
'etched' into the marble somehow. Apart from calling in the
professionals (expensive) can someone please suggest how I might deal
with this? I would be most grateful. Thanks - Roger

It's going to have to be polished out. Marble is basically the
metamorphic form of limestone, which, as you've found, is very
susceptible to common acids. I have no idea if you can even perform an
acceptable repair, it all depends on how bad the etching is.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel