Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser Sam Goldwasser is offline

Default Converting low resistance pot to high resistance ?

writes:

Sam Goldwasser wrote:
"N Cook" writes:

Over the years I've often done the opposite by putting a resistor between
wiper and low end and another from wiper to high end.
just in case I've missed something over the years is there a way of say
converting a 20K pot to a 100K pot, with full range from bottom to top ?

Not with only passive components.

that sounds like a challenge if ever I heard one

Take a 100k resistor, scrape the paint off one side. Cut a hole in the
track to fit it in, glue it there, and connect the leads to the ends of
the track. Paint over the remaining track. Now, if its all set up
right, the 100k R acts as the new track.

For more, google foxhole.

Not quite what I had in mind.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:
http://www.repairfaq.org/