Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Guy Dawson Guy Dawson is offline

Default A common language ( was using polyfilla around a rawlplug )

While working in the US, I applied for a driving license and took the
test. The written (computerised multiple choice) was easy but the
practical nearly got off to a bad start when the tester asked me to
pull onto the pavement. I quickly realised that he meant the paved
highway aka road and not the sidewalk aka pavement!

As for my smoking colleague who, early on, walked out of a lab
saying that he really needed to have a fag...

Guy
Guy Dawson I.T. Manager Crossflight Ltd