Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default convection oven wiring

In article . com, "fredinstl" wrote:
thanks everybody for your comments. to answer some of your questions,
and summarize:

- I posted twice, because I inadvertently clicked twice :-(. sorry

Hey, no problem. Happens a lot.

- I thought bigger was better, but didn't know.... I'll follow your
advice, and get a 20 Amps breaker (my mistake, they do exist).

Bigger isn't always better. Sometimes it's worse (e.g. if you need a 20A
receptacle, you can't use a 30A circuit). Usually, it's just unnecessary.

- it's not a cord and plug oven, you need to do the connection

In that case, a 30A circuit is permitted by Code. But it's not necessary.

- I'll check the price of the wire (#10 is really expensive...), see
how much I save if I go with a #12.

Lots -- which is a pretty good argument for going with the 20A breaker.

thanks a lot ! I'm glad I asked.

Good luck!

--
Regards,