Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Slowchordchanger Slowchordchanger is offline

Default Best way to clean Pots.

IMHO, its easier to replace the pot. with a new one, I know this involves
de-soldering/soldering but there are so many reasons why a pot. can fail and
that the maintenance will eventually fail that you might as well bite the
bullet and replace it. I might not advise this if you were commercially
servicing but if you are repairing your own kit I really think this is the
long-term solution that can be relied on.
Cheers
Tony
"trm54321" wrote in message
I'm assuming spraying down the shaft with a cleaner/ lub and work it
is the best way to do this?
Some pots have openings in the body also and is this a better option?
Cheers!