Posted to rec.woodworking
bent bent is offline

Default Making (sewing notions) drawers with clear plastic faces

I definetely have some ideas I didn't used to, but I think I am still
missing the boat. For instance if I could dado or even rabett in rthe front
edge, what kind of example would that be? Wouldn't that mean I'd have to
make the sides/back/bottom one piece? Otherwise wouldn't the bottom and
front being held by the sides/back? Is that ok? I am thinking
engineer-wise. If I just drilled it on the front to hold it, I don't know,
it would just be kinda hanging there, no rigiditity. I can't really plan on
strips on the top and bottom if I don't know what I'm trying to achieve. I
am just against doing anything, and just doing something is a little
ridiculous.

Right now, I am stuck in the thinking that I NEED to support the bottom as
much by the front as by the sides/back.

the plastic must replace a wood piece with serious rigidity.

Hmmm I wondr what would happen if I took off the front of a drawer (w/ a
floating dado bottom), ansd replaced it with a screwed on piece of flimsy
plastic?