Posted to rec.woodworking
N Hurst N Hurst is offline

Default What can be used for resealing partially used contents: glue, paint...

Puckdropper wrote:
"bent" wrote in
:

I am just wondering if I anyone has suggestions for a re-usable
containers, or cheap enough, or commonly available so you can get rid
of the extra air in mostly used containers.

*snip*

One Surge Cola fan (http://www.savesurge.org) suggested a long time ago
moving pop immediately into smaller containers if you weren't going to
drink it all. That would help keep the carbonation in. Simply
compressing the container would not.

Just putting my 1/50ths of a dollar in.
Puckdropper

You don't want to squeeze the air out of plastic carbonated beverage
bottles, because it's the pressure that builds up in the container that
keeps the carbonation in. If you squeeze all the air out of the bottle,
you're giving the CO2 a lot more room to fall out of solution and make
your drink go flat. There are products for carbonated beverages that
actually inject CO2 into the bottle and repressurise it, thus helping
keep your drinks fizzy.