Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
malc malc is offline

Default A common language ( was using polyfilla around a rawlplug )

Guy Dawson wrote:
While working in the US, I applied for a driving license and took the
test. The written (computerised multiple choice) was easy but the
practical nearly got off to a bad start when the tester asked me to
pull onto the pavement. I quickly realised that he meant the paved
highway aka road and not the sidewalk aka pavement!

As for my smoking colleague who, early on, walked out of a lab
saying that he really needed to have a fag...

It's a good job he didn't need to ask for a cigarette. "Can I bum a fag?"
could be even more capable of being misconstrued.

--
Malc

Justin unbuttoned Clothilde's tight blouse and her breasts fell out. He
picked them up and put them back in again.
"Thank you," said Clothilde, polite even in passion. "I'm always losing
them."

John Cleary - Bear Pit