Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default using polyfilla around a rawlplug

In article , "Brian Sharrock" wrote:

Brits have a tendency to use a 'specific' brand name-item for the generic;
thus we 'hoover' the carpet - even using a Dyson.

Happens here, too. The most prominent examples I can think of a
- Facial tissues (for blowing one's nose, or wiping one's eyeglasses).
Everyone here calls them Kleenex. Nobody ever asks for a "facial tissue".
- Photocopiers. Most commonly referred to as Xerox machines, even if made by
Canon, Rico, etc.
- Carbonated cola beverage. Usually called a Coke. Even if it's a Pepsi.

--
Regards,