Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default using polyfilla around a rawlplug

In article , "torge conrad maguar" wrote:
Have just been drilling into a dividing wall in a 1936 terraced house in
London, to hang up a cupboard in the bedroom.

What I'm drilling into is almost like soft sand. I guess it must be some
kind of breeze block mortar that has deteriorated? The only thoughts I have
is to pack some polyfilla around the rawlplug to fill in the hole and get
some grip. Is that a good idea? Novice appreciates any advice on what best
to do. thanks.

Interesting questions. As Churchill said, the U.S. and the U.K. are "two
nations divided by a common language."

So help this American understand what you're talking about, please.
What is a breeze block? What is a rawlplug? What is polyfilla?

--
Regards,