Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller Toller is offline

Default convection oven wiring

"fredinstl" wrote in message
ups.com...
I bought a convection oven (Bosch, 700 series), and the installation
instructions say it need 15.8 amps (120/240V).
Every book and documentation I researched are mentioning electrical
ovens needing 40 or 50 Amps, so I am a little surprised, and would like
to hear from anybody whether maybe newer ovens are drawing less
electricity ?
I was thinking going for a 30Amps breakers (I don't even think I can
find find 20 Amps 2 poles breakers for my service panel).

If it is small and well insulated it will need less current. A toaster
oven, with no insulation, manages with less than that. FWIW, my 26 year old
uses a 50a circuit for two ovens, so it is hard to see anything needing 50a
for one, but maybe.

Why would you go for 30a if the device draws 15.8a? Use #10 by all means,
but don't go with a bigger breaker than you need; unless happen to have one
laying around.

I answered mainly to ask why you replied to yourself? Was it an accident, a
problem with the server, or what?