Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] RockyCJC@gmail.com is offline

Default Cleaning Leaves out of Mulch Beds

Much of the mulch on my property was here before I moved in so I do not
know for sure what it is.

The mulch I have added to parts of the property is pine bark mulch.
aspasia wrote:
On 17 Dec 2006 05:52:57 -0800, wrote:

Does anybody have a strategy for removing leaves from a mulch bed
without losing tons of mulch. I have a lot of trees on my property and
on the surroundingplots of land. I have had a lot of leaf removal to
do this season and I will have an equal amount of mulch replacement to
do. I have been using my blower to push the leaves to a pile and try
to stay away from using a rake.

I do not use the vacuum attachment for my blower as it jams often and
and it was very time consuming. However, just on the last leaf
cleaning day of the season, it broke so I have purchased a Toro Ultra
Blower.

Is the only way to remove leaves from a mulch bed without losing mulch
to use the vacuum attachment?

Confused. Aren't leaves one of the components of much?

Are you talking about the compost heap/container where you make the
mulch, or about an area where you have spread finished mulch?