Posted to sci.electronics.repair
C R Briggs C R Briggs is offline

Default Converting low resistance pot to high resistance ?

"N Cook" wrote in message
Over the years I've often done the opposite by putting a resistor
between
wiper and low end and another from wiper to high end.
just in case I've missed something over the years is there a way of
say
converting a 20K pot to a 100K pot, with full range from bottom to top
?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Add 4 off 20K fixed resistors in series, with a shorting switch across
each (or a rotary selector switch). You should get "steps" of 20K with
a 20K range adjustment in each step (i.e. 100K variable down to 80K; 80K
variable down to 60K: 60K variable down to 40K: 40K variable down to 20K
& 210K variable down to 0).

--
Regards,

C R Briggs.

Reply to address is munged. To reply, remove surplus spaces from:

btyguard-dontspam @ yahoo . co . uk