Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Making (sewing notions) drawers with clear plastic faces

In article ,
bent wrote:
If I were to make a huge cabinet to store all of the sewing motions kicking
around the house, and I would want to use clear plastic drawer fronts, what
would be the correct way to mount these flat clear plastic faces to be the
front of the drawers. I would most likely be cutting the plastic, and
drilling the holes from a big sheet, though you can order both done when
buying. I have learned how to use a cloth wheel to round the edges of
plastic, the coloured kind anyways: don't know if the clear plastic I am
thinking of is any different from what I used to make Pacman keychains.
Everything else would be plywood, possibly painted. The drawers could range
in size from anywhere from say 1-1/2" High to 8"High, say, and the width
could be 48"-58", possibly 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 or full width including a max 48"
x 8".

I may be able to make some drawers flip down to expose threads positioned
on pins by colour. Probably take a 1-1/2" x 58" x full depth (maybe ~20"
drawer.

Any ideas or have you seen anything like this.

I've got a space 58"W x 7-8' high, and full depth, and I mean its kickin.

News==----
Newsgroups

There's more than one "correct" way. If I was doing something like
this, I believe I'd just cut a saw-kerf wide dado about a 1/4" from
the front edge ot the sides & bottom of each drawer, and drop in an
appropriately sized piece of plexiglass. Size the plex so that there
is enough room to hook a fingertip over the top edge to pull the
drawer open.

--
Often wrong, never in doubt.

Larry Wasserman - Baltimore, Maryland -