Posted to rec.woodworking
DanG DanG is offline

Default Making (sewing notions) drawers with clear plastic faces

I think I would make a wood "picture frame" with a plastic or
glass window in it for the drawer face.

The only ways I see to make the face completely of plastic
require either making the entire drawer of plastic bonded together
with methyl chloride or making the faces of heavy plastic (1/4" or
more) screwed to the drawer carcass sides and bottom.
___________________________
Keep the whole world singing. . . .
DanG

"bent" wrote in message
If I were to make a huge cabinet to store all of the sewing
motions kicking around the house, and I would want to use clear
plastic drawer fronts, what would be the correct way to mount
these flat clear plastic faces to be the front of the drawers. I
would most likely be cutting the plastic, and drilling the holes
from a big sheet, though you can order both done when buying. I
have learned how to use a cloth wheel to round the edges of
plastic, the coloured kind anyways: don't know if the clear
plastic I am thinking of is any different from what I used to
make Pacman keychains. Everything else would be plywood,
possibly painted. The drawers could range in size from anywhere
from say 1-1/2" High to 8"High, say, and the width could be
48"-58", possibly 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 or full width including a max
48" x 8".

I may be able to make some drawers flip down to expose threads
positioned on pins by colour. Probably take a 1-1/2" x 58" x
full depth (maybe ~20" drawer.

Any ideas or have you seen anything like this.

I've got a space 58"W x 7-8' high, and full depth, and I mean
its kickin.

Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
120,000+ Newsgroups