Posted to alt.home.repair
indago indago is offline

Default Microwave turntable

061217 0918 - Lee burch posted:

I have a Sharp MW. The turntable sometimes rotates
clockwise,othertimes it rotates counter-clockwise.If someone knows the
reason why,I would appreciate an answer.No one so far has been able to
explain this.Just some FOOD for thought! Thanx

That's the nature of the type of syncronous motor installed in most
turntables. It depends on where in the AC cycle the motor is started as to
what direction it will go. If the motor is turned on at the rise of the
cycle, the motor will go one way; if on the downturn of the cycle, it will
go the opposite. It doesn't really matter, as long as the turntable turns.