Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mike vore mike vore is offline

Default Cole Jaws

Juvenal wrote:
"Woody in Tenn" wrote...
[...]
Now for my question. Where can I buy replacement rubber grippers at a
reasonable price?

I needed some grippers that would grip about 1 inch from the face of my cole
jaws. Black was out of the question - they tend to leave marks on light wood.
So my solution was to use some stoppers from a local HomeBrew shop
(www.mdhb.com). Homebrew shops have stoppers in a variety of diameters for
fermenting wine and beer. And all I've seen in these shops are a white rubber.
They come solid, one and two holes. The holes are a bit oversize for the
typical Cole Jaw screws, and they holes may not be all drilled on the center,
but a little time centering the work will fix that.

--
Mike Vore
http://www.OhMyWoodness.com