Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default Combi boiler not responding to radiators

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 12:54:58 -0800, matthew.larkin wrote:

Ed Sirett wrote:
On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 01:56:07 -0800, matthew.larkin wrote:

On Dec 14, 11:06 pm, Tony Bryer wrote:
On 14 Dec 2006 13:54:43 -0800 wrote :
and then sort itself out.You'll increase the chance of a helpful answer if you tell us the
make and model

OK, will do when I get home - but my assumption is that it is something
"fundamental", rather than boiler specific. In fact, it may be
completely unrelated to the boiler itself (as it produces hot water
fine).

[Snipped]

I'll post the boiler details later on today, but thanks for reading and
responding Tony.

Matt

It's almost certainly the diverter valve inside the combi.
Make,model and date of installation would be useful.

Its a Potterton Combi 100 - installed approx 6 years ago I believe.

I think that model has a conventional water flow diaphragm and diverter
valve unit. I'm surprised that it is an intermittent fault though.