Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} {{{{{Welcome}}}}} is offline

Default Storing computer paper [off-topic]

Thus spaketh john:
"Tx2" wrote in message
T...
In article , lid
says...

Sounds silly but I am looking for a good way to store my A4 computer
paper.

Not silly at all. Many printers can be temperamental when it comes to
feeding paper that is damp, or dusty.

That is a classic engineers line, one that hasn't a clue how to fix a
printer with a knackered feed system! I hear that all the time. They
always turn up and then get on the phone to a friend asking what to
do. It doesn't make any difference which way round or which way up
you put standard paper either. If you have a cheap printer made by
Brother or a Kyocera then it shows - especially when you get through
1000+ sheets per day. They don't last long but out of the two the
Kyocera is slightly better. The network variety of course.

Damp paper cause it to curl when through a laser printer and can jam,
whether the printer is an el-cheap or a heavy duty one, it is always
wise to fan paper too as paper cut with poor / blunt blades can cause
the edges to fur and the paper to stick. Also damp paper isn't ideal
when printing with inkjets.

Not usually a problem when in a dry warm country, but when in countries
like the UK where it is often cold and damp then it is, worth wrapping
any unused paper up in a couple of plastic carrier bags.

--
60 day free DVD rental:
www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/dvd