Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Safety first...call a professional

Jimi wrote:
"Jimi" wrote in message

I gotta add to this rant please.... another few good ones is a guy has an
electrical question and he gets a reply "Check with your local electrical
supplier" Well DUH! If you don't know the answer, why reply with that at all
and waste bandwidth ? Do you not think that the guy typing his post has not
thought of that?

Well, actually, I _DO_ think that (the poster -hasn't- thought of it,
that is) in quite a significant number of cases. It is quite common
that the poster will talk of all the work he's gone to to try to find
something (and often obviously doesn't know precisely what it is he
needs), but it's at the local orange or blue borg, NOT the electrical
supply. I'd venture that quite a number of these posters couldn't tell
you the name of any distributor for any trade, so recommending they go
find one for a particular problem often is the best advice that can be
given.

imo, ymmv, $0.02, etc., etc., ...