Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Phillipson Don Phillipson is offline

Default Cleaning Leaves out of Mulch Beds

wrote in message
ups.com...

Does anybody have a strategy for removing leaves from a mulch bed
without losing tons of mulch. I have a lot of trees on my property and
on the surroundingplots of land. I have had a lot of leaf removal to
do this season and I will have an equal amount of mulch replacement to
do. I have been using my blower to push the leaves to a pile and try
to stay away from using a rake.

Why? It requires both muscle and skill, but a rake is the
single best tool to move leaf mulch a yard at a time. (For
greater distances, use a board in either hand to lift leaves
onto a barrow. Three loads lifted fill most wheelbarrows.
This requires muscle too.)
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs