Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] maradcliff@UNLISTED.com is offline

Default Do they make 12volt Compact Florescents

Do they make 12volt DC Compact Florescent bulbs?
I have not seen them in stores, but that dont mean they are not made.
I am asking because a friend has a cabin and dont have electricity
nearby. They want a fortune to run the lines and hook it up. He is
considering a generator, but for now he put a fixture on the ceiling
in each room, with a switch for each room, and installed these 12V
bulbs made for 12V trouble lights. Then he hooked a 12V car battery
to it the system. It works well, as long as he dont turn on too many
lights at once, but it drains the battery pretty fast. That got me
wondering if they do make the compact florescents. I know they would
last much longer on a battery. Anyone know?

Mark